Facebook SDK

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Still trying to get settled

I apologize for not having a download site available; I know how frustrating it can be when only one format is available, especially if you have to find the torrent for it. Having a link to a downloadable file is simply a very nice thing to have.

However, my new command doesn't give me a lot of time off. Actually, I was out to sea for a month within 3 days of moving into my house. I've been in my house a total of 6 days in the last 7 weeks. So, that's why I haven't had a chance to create a download site for the book.

Additionally, I want to rewrite some of the book. Python 3 has been out for nearly a year and I expect most people have upgraded the default Python loads on *nix OSes. So I don't see a real reason to retain the "backwards compatible" information in the book.

I still plan on writing up the "sequel" to the book: GUI programming. I would take my laptop underway with me but I normally work 14-16 hour days at sea so I don't have any time to write.

In a nutshell, the download site, updated book, and GUI programming book will be completed when I get a chance. In the meantime, continue to download the torrent file and let me know what you think.

No comments: