Facebook SDK

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Certified Python Programmer

One of the problems for programmers is that there are few certifications available. While being certified as a programmer isn't necessarily required (your coding skills can be demonstrated easily enough, especially if you keep a portfolio of completed projects), in this day-and-age, many people expect certifications.

The good news is that O'Reilly Publishing has started a certification program for programmers and other tech-related skills. The bad news is that it is pretty expensive and time consuming: $2000 and 360 hours.

However, at the end of the course you will have learned pretty much everything there is to know about Python: database interaction, large-scale web apps, debugging, optimization, multi-threading, etc. My goal is to complete this certification and use my new knowledge to write the third revision of my book.

2 comments:

Felix Chen said...

thank u very very much!

Bealdwine said...

Thank you for offering the free PDF... I already know programming basics in the 'C' family but if I start to find this useful as a progress to Python I promise to get the kindle edition ;)

Especially good luck with the certification, outside the limits for my pocket unfortunately.